Arc de Triomphe
La Sainte Chapelle
Built by Louis IX in the 1240's to house relics
from the Holy Land believed to be the Crown of Thorns and part of
the True Cross, this small gothic chapel is one of the inspiring visual
experiences of Paris. Much of this is due to its stained glass windows
which essentially surround the entire upper floor.
The chapel itself is now surrounded by the Palais of Justice on the
Ile de la Cité near Notre Dame. It has two "tiers",
the first one at ground level being rather dark and close, the second
one having radiant tall windows, as well as a small balcony.
RER: Saint Michel-Notre Dame
4, boulevard du Palais
Tél. : 01.53.73.78.51
Open: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Standard : 36,00 FF
Special rates : 29,00 FF
5,49 et 4,42 euros
Closed: 01/01, 01/05, 01/11, 11/11, 25/12